Thursday, December 15, 2011

Mixed media with Intaglio

I love the gorgeous impression intaglio prints have. But I wanted to experiment with adding some paint, magazine pieces and other materials/mediums to add some color and texture. What resulted was quite exciting to me. I made a few extras of this print...



and thought I would play around and see what happened. Here is what came to be.





This particular piece was submitted to a juried show in October. Not only was it accepted into the show, but it was rewarded an honorable mention. Considering the scale of it, only 11" x 14", in comparison to the scale of much of the other work submitted, I was very pleased!

1 comment:

  1. I love these. This is my favorite series of yours. One if these is probably my favorite piece you've done after the collage of the African girl.

    ReplyDelete