Sunday, December 18, 2011

20 studies project

As I'm sure I've mentioned before, I love mixed media and collage. It's kind of become a running joke that my professor Sunny is always telling us to crop down our art, because she always likes certain sections of the art pieces. Well I decided to take that idea and run with it. I painted maybe 6 or 7 larger, somewhat chaotic mixed media pieces, and then cropped them down into nice little paintings just a couple inches big. Each study was then matched with a corresponding magazine page.





















You probably recognize this last one from my blog header background. I took this last study and painted it on a 2' x 2' wooden panel. I gave myself the artistic freedom to slightly change or alter the piece where I felt necessary. I plan to do this for all of my studies and hopefully have a show from it all based on the concept of process. Here's the first one.

                                                                2' x 2'

No comments:

Post a Comment